What are you Doing?!?

Shouldn't you be working right now?




Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things that go "Holy Fuck!" in the night

One night last week, we were graced with a pretty awesome wind storm. I love this stuff, it reminds me of home. I was all tucked up in my living room, making jewelry, drinking wine, watching Friends, when the room started shaking. Now, I live in an apartment building, so that's a pretty impressive wind.

Then it start shaking worse. Then it sounded like, we'll say, a jet plane was flying about a foot over my apartment. I was worried that not only were my windows were gonna break, but that I was gonna die. My man and I kinda looked at each other for a minute, and I was like "you'd tell me if it was the end of the world right?" SAVE THE GUITARS!!!! And then a moment later, a giant crash, that again shook the place. My fella was all excited, and grabbed his camera to go outside. I was ready to tunnel into the earth until the end of days. So maybe our priorities are a little different.

Turns out the roof ripped  up, right above my apartment, and then came crashing down on the other side of the building (thus explaining the second crash). No big deal.

And for the rest of the evening, the storm raged. It sounded like it was raging right in my bedroom, which was actually pretty cool. I slept like a baby.

There's no place like home.
The Help

No comments:

Post a Comment