What are you Doing?!?

Shouldn't you be working right now?




Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh Christ, it's playing. So there's this song by Peter Gabriel - who I am NOT a fan of, by the way - I think it's call The Book of Love, and it frigging kills me every time I hear it. It makes me want to cry, but in the good way. I guess, it kind of fills me up. I've listened to it a hundred million times in my life, but every time, I get goosebumps. And it just randomly came on my ipod playlist. Ooohhh, someone is getting smushied within an inch of their lives tonight.

Though I go on about how lucky I am, and how grateful for goodness, and I'm pretty vocal about lovin those whom I love, I'm not a particularly sappy person. Let me re-phrase that. I tell people how I feel about them (often), I marvel in the wonder of the world and it's works (every day). I remind myself and others to be grateful (for all of it, all of this misery and joy that we are daily bit players in). But I'd like to think that I'm still not a sappy person - I don't cry very often. Perhaps I'm delusional? Perhaps I'm a sap in hardcore clothing?I'm willing to accept this theory.

And now "Do You Realise" by the Flaming Lips is on. This is a pretty sad song disguised as a sappy love song. I get your subterfuge, you silly rock stars. My ipod is getting it right today though, hey?

I don't talk about music very often here, and I don't know why. Music is a giant, important part of my life. I play a bunch of instruments, have since I was a kid and I've been lucky enough to play with some cool groups and neat-o people. People ask all the time who my favorite singer/group is, and my response is invariably something like "what day is it today?" My favorite changes by the hour, by the minute. Today, this week, Florence and the Machine are topping my personal charts, but the Eels are playing right now, and these guys are a good time too. One of my favorite things about music is one minute I'm ready to cry with happiness, the next I'm ready to throttle face-first into a mosh pit.

But now my friends, now is time to dance! M.I.A. it is!

Happy Friday. I hope you get laid tonight.

The Help

No comments:

Post a Comment