What are you Doing?!?

Shouldn't you be working right now?




Sunday, November 28, 2010

Life Happened

I'm so sorry for my lengthy absence my friends, I have indeed missed you all. Life got in the way for me for the last few weeks:

School has been super extra crazy, cause we all realised last week that it's ending soon, so we have to fit everything in RIGHT NOW....I have a mere four assignments and four exams in the next two weeks. No big deal.

Yesterday was the Christmas Craft Fair. Holy God, what a state. Watching the sea of people all arrive at once was like seeing a bunch of drug dealers with a free pass arrive at a pharmacy. Frightening! But also wonderful. It's not often that the entire community comes out at once, and as mad as it was, as pressed and harried as it was, it was also awesome. It felt like Christmas began yesterday - I saw friends I haven't seen in a while, got puked on by a sweet baby girl, and made a zillion and a half dollars. And thank goodness, this craft fair money is what's paying for my much needed up coming vacation, and all of a sudden, the money is there. It is such a relief - oh, the things I do to myself. Every year, I manage to convince myself that this year, this is the one. I'm not going to sell anything, and my hard work will have gone to waste, and I'll be broke for the effort. And every year, I am delighted by the wonderful response to the fruits of my labour. I am a lucky girl.

My darling, my favorite man, left today. It was awful. I know, I know, I'm going to see him in a few weeks, but it's not the same. I've grown accustomed to his face. He rubs my stupid hurty hand when it hurts, he talks me out of my various insane delusions (you know the kind: gonna go broke at the craft fair, gonna fail all my finals, etc), he tells me everything I cook is awesome. And yes, while I am going to see him soonish (and meeting the fam, eep), it'll be quite some time after that before we are together again. Like months. And, again, yes, I know there are far worse things, but still my heart is sad today. He is my very favorite person.

On to the good news. Of the four assignments, I have two done, and the other two are half done. Not so bad. I'm going to see Harry Potter (again) tonight. I finally got started on my Christmas shopping. I am blessed with the most wonderful friends, who are holding my hand when my man can't.

The Help

No comments:

Post a Comment