What are you Doing?!?

Shouldn't you be working right now?




Sunday, November 14, 2010

What a week

Well, at least it's not just me.

Yep, it's official, everyone has lost their marbles. And instead of bending over to pick them up, we're all sliding around in a macabre slapstick parody.

This week, misunderstandings and hurt feelings abound. Luckily, I've basically only been on the periphery, though I am not without a couple of burn marks on my heart. It really does feel like highschool without the good bits - the skinny-ness and debt free-ness. Fraught!

So I do what anyone would do. I wait it out. I hold the people who need holding, and scold the people that need scolding. I try and throw myself into my schoolwork, though it has been admittedly hard, it's hard to concentrate with so much worry for loved ones pressing on my chest.

I think I've done my share of hurting as well, though certainly not intentionally. I've been so involved in school, and work, and pushing, pushing, pushing to succeed and get it right, that I have neglected some of the people I love the most. Again, I am so blessed that most understand, most forgive. And thank God, because there have been many times that these dear friends have been the only thing keeping my head up, and my nails painted.

Tomorrow night, I'm gonna have a hen night with at least one of my girls. You can bet your sweet bippy that there's gonna be wine. Probably tears too.

Tonight, it's date night. When I get home from work tonight, the most wonderful man since my daddy is going to put his arms around me, and tell me everything is going to be alright (and offer to break legs if necessary, God bless him). Then we're going to dinner and a movie. I should probably study, but I need an infusion of real humanity, with a dash of humility. I need to not worry for one whole night.

Go tell someone how awesome they are. They need to hear it, promise.

The Help

No comments:

Post a Comment