What are you Doing?!?

Shouldn't you be working right now?




Thursday, January 19, 2012

Well Hello!!

I know. It's been a millenia since last I wrote. It's been a pretty shitty handful of months, so I'm not even gonna get into it. There were many days it was hard to haul my sorry ass out of bed, so writing a blog was absolutely out of the question. The briefest of updates before I get to the good stuff. Yes, I'm still in school. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Yes, my darling and I are still together, and doing very well. Yes, I'm still fat.

No, I'm not preggo, and man oh man alive, do I ever get asked that a lot. Like, daily. I don't think it has anything to do with my weight, I think it has to do with my happiness/relationship levels. Which is actually kind of cool.

Today I want to tell you a story. It is my favorite story, the best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm gonna tell you about how me and my darling became us.

A couple of years ago (years?? what now??) a dear friend of mine K., here in Iqaluit, told our group of friends that a childhood friend of hers was coming to town to work for six months. We (meaning our group of friends) were in the midst of what we call the golden year; everything was beautiful. We partied like it was our J-O-B, ate and drank (and drank and drank), played board games and never had to suffer through any drama. When K.'s friend arrived, we welcomed him, because of K.. In truth, he (we'll call him B.) didn't even cross my radar. It seemed like he didn't ever speak, and well, I never shut up. I started inviting B. to things, because he didn't really know anyone, and because i always invited K. to everything anyway.

B. later revealed that he was terrified of me upon our first meeting. This confession is something I hear quite often.

So I started seeing him around. At parties, at my house, at parties....one night at a party, I heard that he played bass. I invited him to a jam session the next night.

The next night, he came by and sort of listened in for the first bit. After a while, I turned to him and was like "DUDE, why are you staring at me, what??" And he gave possible the best response ever - "you can really sing".

Oh. Well.....ahh, tee hee (insert your own giggly girl voice as needed).


Ok, I'm tired, I'll finish the story tomorrow dear hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment