What are you Doing?!?

Shouldn't you be working right now?




Saturday, January 21, 2012

Part deux

I realised after hitting "post" the other night that I may be the only person in the world who gives a shit about how my darling and I got together, but look at me not caring! I'm gonna write it anyway.........

So when we left off, we had our first ever jam session, and I caught him staring at me. That was the first time that i was like "heeeeey, there you are" in my head.

That very night I had a dream about B.. I dreamt (is that a word? whatev's) that he smashed my beloved blackberry because my credit was bad? I know. As soon as I woke up, I texted him and told him about my dream - it went something like this:

Me: I had a dream about you last night
He: Who is this?
Me: Haha, you SO funny
He: What kind of dream are we talking about here?
Me: You smashed my beloved blackberry because my credit was bad
He: How did you know i was secretly a member of the bad credit mafia?
Me: Tonight, my visa sleeps with the fishes??

(this is a dramatic re-enactment, I'm sure we were both much more effervescent)

And so it began. We texted constantly. We laughed our asses off, constantly. We annoyed the shit out of everyone around us because we were both constantly texting and laughing, and no one else ever got the joke.

For three weeks, we carried on like this. whenever people asked if we were getting together already, I always replied that it would never happen - we had the perfect thing going, laughing, no expectations, no drama. Our perfect, happy, hilarious bubble.

I am not the type to not act on something. If I like someone, fuck it, I'll ask him out, the worst he can say is no right? But I was having no part of asking B., I didn't ever want to hear rejection from him, I didn't ever want to have awkward burst our bubble.

All our friends smiled at us indulgently whenever we denied there was anything going on (I coulda smacked the faces right off they heads).

I really didn't believe that something like this could have been real. I didn't believe that someone as hot and smart and funny would think that I was hot and smart and funny too. Stuff like this doesn't often happen to girls like me, and truth is, I have a lot of baggage from a lifetime of shitty relationships. Turns out his luggage matched mine.

I'm not going to finish the story cause everything from here totally falls into the none-of-your-business category. I will say this - when we both realised that we felt the same way, there was no stopping us. He came to my house at 1 in the morning, and kissed me, and kissed me......and he has never left.

I am the luckiest.

The Help

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story... gives me a hope that there is a 'happily ever after'! :) Sarah

    ps. glad you are back bloggin'...I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete